Dreaded Pink
Pink scares me. Baby pink is the worst. Once we found out it was a girl I was met with a mountain of things I would need to figure out and nursery decor was one of the toughest. With a boy, I knew I would stick with blues, greens and oranges. Blue and green are my go to colors and orange is that fun, youthful pop. Simple, easy, done. With a girl it is so much more difficult.
I only like certain shades of pinks and purples and only in moderation. Certainly not lilac or light pink. They make me cringe a little. I was really intimidated by coming up with a solid color pallet that I could easily infuse in the room. In addition, I already had this bedding set as a major color in the room that would need to meld well with the rest of the room:
I put the decor out of my mind and focused on pulling my hair out over girl names. Then, I took a quick trip to Target for a few small items and came across this:
It was the perfect color combination. The green matches the bed exactly and I plan to pull the other colors into the room in solid pops. I have navy blue curtains already up and bought purple storage bins for the closetmaid bookshelf we have in there. I also ordered a changing pad cover for the second time (the first order was cancelled - this one better get to me) that I think will be a great addition.
I only like certain shades of pinks and purples and only in moderation. Certainly not lilac or light pink. They make me cringe a little. I was really intimidated by coming up with a solid color pallet that I could easily infuse in the room. In addition, I already had this bedding set as a major color in the room that would need to meld well with the rest of the room:
(Imagine it twin size - aka half as much color)
(Itso)
My real struggle at this point is going to be finding solid or geometric crib sheets in one of those colors. I'm hoping to add a throw pillow or two on the bed in another color to bring more than just green to that area of the room. I think it will come together in the end. My goal is to have a modern, clean feel.
I've heard that crib sheets are actually pretty easy to sew yourself, so if you can't find any in the colors you've picked, you can always make some yourself! I like the colors you picked!
ReplyDeleteChi said I should do that. I may research sewing them (or make my mom, haha). If not I will just have to go with bright pink and/or navy blue since they are the only colors I feel like may work.
Delete