Updating

Well, I really thought I would be better about updating this thing. I have a lot of things in progress, but don't really want to show anything until they are complete. One thing that is pretty much complete (except for a mattress pad and washing the sheets) is the crib! I originally really wanted a different crib, but opted for this one instead because it was $50 cheaper and then another $15 off on sale. The total was about $150 exactly after taxes and free ship-to-store. We ended up having to wait almost 2 weeks for it (instead of the 1 week we were estimated), but finally we got the e-mail that it was in. Chi and I got to work putting it together that afternoon, even though we didn't yet have a place for it.




So, it sat in our living room for about a week because my sewing table was where we were planning on putting the crib, and I was still using it.
While we were waiting for the crib to arrive, I was scrounging the internet looking for crib sheets. I am registering at Target and Babies-R-Us, and none of their sheet selections impressed me at all. I was getting really discouraged. I complained to Erin one night, and she directed me to a website that had some more modern sheets. I had originally dismissed the site for being too expensive (and a lot of stuff on it is), but a single fitted sheet was affordable enough, so I went through my options. They have a neat feature where you can "try out" the bedding set on a crib and customize the look. This really helped me visualize what did work and what didn't. 
Love those sheets for a boy.
So, in the end, I decided that I really liked the zigzag/chevron patterns the best. I was tempted to go with a solid dark purple as well, but decided that the geometric pattern pulled me a little more. I would have gotten both, but since the price was more than I wanted, I decided our back up sheet will just have to be something cheap and neutral.




 And here it is - all together in it's new home.

I didn't get a crib skirt with the intention of making one - but I doubt that will happen. I will probably just not have a crib skirt on it at all. 


Comments