Postl Point

This Saturday, we spent the morning at the base park off the bayou/bay. We rented a paddleboard, and Audra and I were not fans. Chi says the wind and water conditions (it was red flag along the coastline) were what made it so terrible. I spent most of the time on my knees, and I'm so glad Audra wasn't on it with me. Brooke seemed to enjoy it for the most part, but it got hot quickly and both pavilions were occupied by events so I'm glad we brought our tent. I am very much looking forward to the fall. Audra is going through a very fearful phase, and she wouldn't go very far into the water but would get her toes wet. She really wanted to go on a boat (kayak) again, so they may have to make an early morning trip out there again soon. She had no problem wearing the life jacket the whole time. 

Fun story: since the girls wear swim diapers, we don't change them until we get where we are going. I packed both Audra and Brooke's swimsuits in the bag and asked Chi to change Audra into her swimsuit when we got there. When they came out, she was in Brooke's swimsuit. It didn't even seem too small (I think it is a 12-moth suit), so that is what she wore. It was nice not having to worry about her bottoms falling off. I just left Brooke in her outfit and then changed it after we were done getting her wet. 











Comments