Baby #3: 30 Weeks
As I'm entering the home stretch of what I expect to be my last pregnancy I wanted to make sure I jotted a few things down for the sake of being able to look back on as life moves forward and it starts to fade. In the moment it is easy to say I'll never forget how awful and trying this experience is, but in actuality, once the baby is in your arms and life gets crazy you do forget all the pain, discomfort and general misery that comes with growing a human. Along with it you start to forget those magical and wonderful moments scattered among those 40 weeks. When this is all said and done, I will have spent about 775 days of my life pregnant. That is kind of amazing.
There is still something beautiful and magical about watching your belly grow and I will miss that part of pregnancy the most. When I was pregnant with Audra I hardly ever felt her move, mostly just a jab of an arm or leg. With Brooke I felt a little more movement more regularly, but nothing major. With this baby my whole belly shakes and rolls. I can actually get it on video. I'm not sure if it is because of my body being more worn in or just a more active baby, but it is a fun, albeit painful, thing to experience. I'm glad I now have those memories to look back on, I just really hope it isn't indicative of her personality.




Comments
Post a Comment