Audra: 4 Years Old


It is hard to believe our first born is 4 years old and yet it seems like she has been 4 for a while. I'm not sure if it is how reasonable and aware she is or the fact that she started school, but she seems older than her age often. Don't get me wrong, we have had our 3 year old moments, but overall she is an amazing child with a steadfast sense of right and wrong and a giant heart.


I love how much she talks these days and her imaginative play has exploded. It is so awesome to see into the mind of your child. Her love for baby dolls and playing store continue. She loves doing art, but her attention span for it seems quite low. Either that or shes a less is more kind of abstract artist.


She is still very reserved and often has trouble responding to new people, but once she is comfortable around someone she lights up and has the most fun. She hates talking to us about what goes on during her school day - "I just don't want to talk about it" is almost always her response if we ask for more information than a "good."


She loves trying new things and going new places. She will tag along to anything with Chi or I even when she has the option to stay home: haircuts, doctors appointments, bank. She loves recipes and always wants to try all the recipes she sees on tv or the computer. She could probably watch cooking videos for hours. Dessert ones are her favorites. When grandma visits a lot of baking happens.


She is a really great big sister. Her love for Brooke and Molly is apparent in even the smallest everyday interaction. She does get frustrated with Brooke a lot, but a few minutes later they will be playing in full, giggly force again. She is usually willing to share special things with them even when she doesn't have to and looks out for them if they are in danger.


We can't wait to see what her 5th year of life and beyond bring. At the same time, I want to be able to freeze time and I be able to come back to her at this moment over and over again.

Comments