Audra: 5!!!!


Audra is 5!!! I remember her as a baby wondering who she would turn into, and it's just amazing watching that transformation. Some days she still seems like such a little kid and other days she just seems so grown. She can do basic addition and spell a handful of words. She loves to draw pictures for the people she cares about in her life - friends, family, teachers. She is always looking to make new friends and have fun. She can be a thoughtful and kind person and willing to share, especially when she has excess of anything. She is a great big sister, but she also values her alone time and one-on-one time with Chi and me. We try to play lots of games with her and take her on mini outings every once in a while. I think her own answers to the question below could better capture who she is right now than anything I could write. 


1. What is your favorite color? Rainbow
2. What is your favorite toy? Nina (her baby doll)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon, bananas, and apples.
4. What is your favorite tv show or movie? Lego Movie for movie and PJ Masks and Peppa Pig for TV shows
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Watermelon



6. What is your favorite game? Candyland
7. What is your favorite snack? Goldfish
8. What is your favorite animal? Zebra and Giraffe
9. What is your favorite song? Welcome to New York and Hall of Fame
10. What is your favorite book? Mostly Halloween books



11. Who is your best friend? Alex and Alex
12. What is your favorite cereal? Rainbow Cereal (Fruit Loops?)
13. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with Clara and ride in my jeep
14. What is your favorite drink? Chocolate Milk or Strawberry Milk
15. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas


16. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Nina (doll) and Kitty (stuffed animal)
17. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Fruit Loops
18. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Coke and ice cream and macaroni and cheese
19. What do you want to be when you grow up? A mermaid and a ballerina ice skater
20. What is your favorite thing to do with Mom or Dad? Do art with them.



21. I am very proud because I am almost going to turn 5.
22. I am scared of giant spiders.
23. I am afraid to go on a zipline.
24. Name one thing you do really well. Monkey bars.
25. Describe what it means to be a good friend.  Plays with you and does nice things to you. 


26. What is your favorite time of day? When I'm at school and learning my singing lessons with Grace. 
27. Describe your best day ever. My birthday.
28. Describe your favorite activity. Playing with Grace and having parties. 
29. Climbing trees is ... great. 
30. I wish there were a law that said… that I could have my tablet every day. And no one could interrupt me (which I'm currently doing to her). 



31. What makes you feel sad? Friends don't want to play with me.
32. What makes you feel happy? People being nice to me.
33. Pretend that you can fly whenever you wanted. Where would you go? China
34. If I could choose a different name, I would choose Kercie 
35. Where do you want to go on vacation? To see Grandma and Papa



While I will always miss those baby days just a little, I am so excited to watch her continue to grow. I also hope she doesn't try to grow up too quickly. The world is pretty intense right now, and I hope she can keep her resolve and face any challenges that come to her in a kind and respectable manner, staying true to herself. 




Comments