I Like New Things...Sometimes
This week was spent deciding if we wanted to get a new vehicle. See, my car rocks, and Chi likes his well enough, but they are both 6+ years old. In a few years we are going to be buying a house. We would love to try to improve our credit rating (we have few credit items to our name and therefore an average rating even though we have pretty much always paid everything off) and also not have to worry about buying two new cars in the years following that major purchase.
Chi liked the Edge the best I think, but they are pricey.
We went to the Honda, Ford, Chevy and Toyota dealerships and test drove a few of the small to mid-sized SUV options. Found nothing we loved. We may go back to the Toyota because we never actually test drove any, but overall the quality of cars this year doesn't impress me enough, in fact they hardly felt like new cars.
The back of the new CR-V is weird... has some sweet features, but I like mine better.
At this point I feel the best move is to wait 4-6 more years. While it would have been nice to have a way to boost our credit a bit and also have a new car, nothing we found was worth the cost. Luckily, Chi is pretty good at keeping up with the maintenance and I think we will have little problem with our cars having issues in the coming years.
Comments
Post a Comment