Anyone in There?

So far I have had 3 doctor appointments. I really think my doctor is a good fit for me, and I am excited to have her along this journey with us. I also love her nurse. Each appointment is a little surreal. I never know exactly what to expect but leave knowing things are going as expected. I still don't really feel like there is a baby growing in me so when I hear the heartbeat, I'm both relieved and surprised. At my last appointment, I opted to do the quad screen to test for the likelihood of chromosomal defects. It came back negative on all parts, but I don't think that did a whole lot to make me feel better. In two weeks, we go in for the anatomy scan, and I'm hoping that will ease any remaining fears about major problems. We will also hopefully find out the gender at that point, which is crazy. I will honestly be shocked with whatever it is. I'm excited, though; once I know for certain, I can really start planning things out. I can also start working on a baby quilt!

Comments