Twenty

So unreal. Today is the halfway mark of this pregnancy. I can't believe July is almost over. The days drag on and yet here we are. We are slowly creating space in our place for baby. It is tricky, but I think it is all coming together. I've been working on a list of must have items and it is a challenge. I want everything we get to be purposeful and to not take up much space. I'm also trying to really create creative storage spaces throughout the babies room. It's good to know we have plenty of time to figure it all out, but it would be nice to have it all done as well.

Thursday is the big day, we get to see baby again and check to make sure everything is looking good. We also hopefully find out if we can start using he or she instead of it. Then I can start wrapping my head around baby names. So far I don't want to put to much effort into names because half of the work will be wasted and really I have just felt that the baby is ready for a name.

I'm a little nervous for Thursday as well. There is little chance that there is something majorly wrong going on, but things happen. I would hate to hear bad news. It really is going to be a defining point in this pregnancy for me. I'm not sure if there will be any more ultrasounds after this one, so it also might be the last time we see baby before birth.

I'm hoping the second half of pregnancy is more eventful than the second. I just feel like the first is hormone symptoms and the second is baby. I have begun to feel movement, and can't wait for it to happen more consistently. I also can't wait for my bump to round out completely. We shall see what these next 20 weeks (or less!) will hold.

Comments