Hospital Visit
Tuesday night was surely an exciting one. After a long day at work I came home ate dinner and started feeling pretty crummy. I tried to lay down and sleep it off, but I just felt bad all over. Around 8:30 all the nausea came to a head and I was throwing up my dinner and everything else in my stomach. Long story short, I couldn't even take a sip of water without throwing up a lot more so 3 hours later (at midnight) we headed into the ER to get some liquids into me since dehydration will easily kick start labor if it gets too bad. I was admitted and sent to the L&D floor where they did a non-stress test on baby and hooked me up to an IV. Baby was perfect and I was having some contractions. I got some additional meds and was left to recover for the night. It was rough overall and I was super uncomfortable, but I felt a lot better in the morning and knew the worst was over. We did another non-stress test and baby was still great and I was still having contractions, but I couldn't feel them.
I was discharged right before noon and we headed home after picking up my prescriptions. I was still sick through the rest of Wednesday and Thursday and ate only applesauce and saltines. Wonderful Thanksgiving meal right there. I have been having uncomfortable contractions since then, but nothing regular or painful enough that won't go away by laying down. I feel like I am now officially on baby watch, even though I have no idea if the contractions are making any actual progress. Just stay in past Saturday baby, your daddy has to watch the Aggies BTHO Missouri from row 5 of the second deck at the 40 yard line.

Comments
Post a Comment