Saturday Morning "Athletics"

Wow! It's been over a month since our last post. I suppose we've had a busy month with baby-related things. Jessica went to her parents for a weekend for a baby shower. I spent the weekend after that on the "Chi-kend" that one of my good friends organized as a pre-baby guys weekend (no pictures were taken on this weekend).

I've also been busy at the lab and attempting to prepare for my preliminary examination, which is the presentation of my dissertation research proposal to my faculty committee.

Now on to the actual subject of this post. Jessica and I had a wonderfully eventful morning today. We participated in two charity causes with athletic events.

T-shirts from today's events.


 To start off, Zoë and I participated in the Paws to the Pavement 3K/5K Fun Run hosted by the Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences as a fundraiser for cancer research. The turnout was good with a balanced mixture of small and large dogs.

Posing after the run.

Zoë and I were running the 3K route. Both 3K and 5K routes started together before separating and then joining up later in their routes. However, there were no race volunteers or signs to direct the 3K runners from the 5K runners. A group of us realized this and separated ourselves from the 5K runners.

In the end, we ended up going 3.4K in slightly less than 30 minutes! Because of the 3K snafu, Zoë and I ended up in the top 3 finishers for the 3K race! I fully admit this accomplishment is on a technicality, but this event was about raising money for a cause and not an actual race so I'll bask in our glory.

That's what a top 3 team looks like!

Zoë normally doesn't like things around her neck, but she didn't seem too bothered by this. She probably knows she's a champion and wants to show it off.

 After I dropped Zoë off at home, I met Jessica at Grand Station Entertainment. She and some of her co-workers were on their company-sponsored team for the Big Brother Big Sister Bowl for Kids' Sake event. Jessica dominated her team in the first game (with over 100 points), and she's pregnant! In the second game, Jessica again dominated with 135 points, and the rest of the team had about 100 points. I joined their team in the second game and had a dismal performance with less than 70 points...that's all I have to say about that.

Snapshot from one of Jessica's coworkers.



Comments