Purees
From the research I did during my pregnancy, I knew I wanted to make most of Audra's food. No need for canned baby food, all you need is fresh fruits and veggies and a few tools to prepare them. I can handle that. Her first foods were avocado and banana, both which required no cooking method. Then we moved to sweet potato which I steamed and pureed. Yesterday, I made carrot and took pictures to document.
Tools I use: Ninja, Rice Cooker/Steamer, Ice Cube Tray, and individual containers.
I peeled and chopped the carrots and put them in the steamer compartment of the rice cooker.
Once fully steamed, they go into the Ninja or food processor. I add a little breastmilk to give a familiar flavor and to make it a little smoother
Then, I put them in the ice cube trays and little containers. The ice cube trays go in the freezer and the containers go in the fridge to use for the next few days.
The sad ending to this story is I had to throw this all away because the ninja got off and shred some plastic from it into the mix.







Comments
Post a Comment