This Kid
I know, you think this kid is awesome and happy all the time:
but, don't let that face fool you. She hates when I put headbands or hats on her head. She instantly takes them off. If I hold her hands and try to take a picture before she rips it off, she gets really upset:
Since everything in the past has been for looks, I haven't really fought her on it. Luckily, she doesn't notice the bows I put in her hair. With the cold weather we had this week, she really needed to wear a hat but wouldn't leave it on. Since I'm at my parents' for the week, I handed her off to my dad and asked him to make her leave the hat on (he is very good at being the "bad guy"). Every time she went to pull the hat off, he would pull her hand away from it and tell her, "no." The meltdown was epic. My mom was in the other room and didn't know what we were doing, and her cries sounded like someone's leg had been ripped off. My phone was charging at the time, so I couldn't get any pictures of her most pathetic sad face. After she had a good hard cry for 2-3 min and a few hugs from her grandma and me, she started to settle down but kept one eye on her grandpa and never touched the hat.
She needed a little more comfort, so she cuddled with me for a while:
After that, we bundled her up in the rest of her cold weather clothes and went to our friends' house for dinner. I took the hat off a little after we got there, because the house was well heated. When it was time to go, I put it back on her and she didn't even notice. I think we may have broke her. We will see how she reacts the next time...




Comments
Post a Comment