Unexpected Fun

Now that Audra is a toddler and her attention span has gone from one second to two, I am trying to do some more purposeful activities with her. On Monday, I tested two of them out. I had all the supplies on hand for both, so it was relatively easy. The first one is a bag filled with gel and food coloring taped to the window. I probably had more fun with it than her, but she sure did enjoy licking it.


A little while later, in an attempt to beat the cold front, we went out in the back yard to play with some cloud dough. It is just a mixture of 8 parts flour to one part cooking oil. She was pretty interesting in it for about 5 min.




Then she decided to wander off into the yard and omgguys leaves!! She was having fun trudging through the embarrassingly large amount of leaves in our back yard (when your yard is dirt, leaves keep the dogs feet clean). What is better is Zoe was feeling particularly playful as well and they played together. It was seriously like watching a perfectly scripted scene from a movie. And since I already had the camera out to take pictures of the cloud dough, things just fell into place perfectly.













Comments

Post a Comment