Quilt Frames

I finally made my own quilt frames (with the help of my parents). After years of using my moms or pinning to the carpet I really needed my own set. We only made a smaller ones, since I don't really have the room for long ones yet. All I needed was four 6' 1" x 2" of standard pine (or whatever you want), sandpaper, polyurethane, 2 yards of a heavy duty fabric, nails, and 4 2" C-clamps.



The first thing we did was sand and put 2 coats of polyurethane on all sides of the boards. Then I cut 4 strips of the heavy fabric 3 1/4" by a couple inches short of 6 ft and zigzagged the edges. 


The first board I did I didn't measure and it became clear half way in that we should have. So the next three we measured every 1.5" and used a screw to mark it and start the nail hole.


We used these little nails to attach the folded over and ironed fabric (raw edges in) to the board. 



 And they were done and ready to stretch a quilt. Now to get a quilt on it...



Comments