Two Weeks
As you know, I evicted Brooke 14 days ago at 39 weeks 4 days. It is crazy to me that she might not even be here yet (though, at 5 cm I doubt it would have been too much longer). These last two weeks have been a whirlwind of events and emotions. So far Brooke is taking on the role of sleepy newborn perfectly - she sleeps probably 20 hours a day and is only up to eat. I have been a little worried about her deciding to become wakeful during nighttime hours, but she sticks to a pretty consistent 3 hour schedule all night long. Audra is also taking her role as a 2 year old very seriously. She has really started to test us and put on the waterworks when she doesn't get her way. It is hard to be to firm with her when we just rocked her world and she was sick for a week straight. She has a lot of adjusting to do, though. Chi and I are getting by. The lack of continuous sleep gets to us more some days than others. My recovery from this birth is much more difficult than Audra's, so I'm dealing with a lot of pain in the evenings if I push myself too hard. My mom is still here so we are trying to knock a lot of things off our to-do list before we lose her extra set of hands. Overall, things are chugging along and we look forward to mastering the new routine of our life as a family of 4.
We totally need to take a family picture soon.

Comments
Post a Comment