Brooke: First Foods

As soon as Brooke could sit up decently a couple weeks ago we decided to introduce solids to her. It has gone really well so far. Since she isn't quite 6 months old, I wasn't really going to push them on her or anything, but she was pretty receptive and eats really well. We started with avocado (after a failed pea puree prior to that) and she ate it pretty well, but it was only a little slice worth. The next thing I tried was banana. She was okay with it, but the texture kind of bothered her a bit, I believe. Next I made a roasted blueberry puree with a little bit of cinnamon. That is what all these pictures are from. She ate it pretty well, obviously having some texture experiences. We also offered her the pear puree from a pouch the other day and she did really well with it. I think she is going to be a much bigger eater than Audra was as a baby, but I am also not going to push it on her too much because I really do want the majority of her diet to come from breastmilk, at least for the next few months. 




Brooke loves to suck her thumb during bites of food. She sucks her thumb when she is learning new motor skills as well, so I suspect that thumb sucking is going to be her habit of choice. Audra bites her finger nails.



We will probably try sweet potatoes next.

Comments