Like The First Day of Preschool...

So this has been a rough week. I am having attachment issues with my family. All my excitement and plans for the future fell to the side as my family drove away from helping me move into the new place. Sadness overtook me and I felt like my world was falling apart. I now know exactly what every Pre-K student felt like last year as I took them by the hand and lead them into the classroom. Leaving your parents is hard. Like unbearably hard. Especially when you have super awesome parents who made you feel like you had the most secure life ever and now it is gone.

I have also been struggling with what to do about Zoe. The only life Zoe has known is surrounded by people and dogs. I will feel guilty leaving her home alone to socialize and simply live life. I would worry that getting a full time job would mean being a bad dog mom. I was struggling with leaving her with my parents or bringing her to College Station. Not only that, our neighbors above us are super loud and the bumping is constant. Would that drive her crazy like it does me. We will only find out through time. We do have a solution to her loneliness though:


That's right, even though I was adamant about not taking on a second dog, we are going to take Maggie with us. Chi loves her, she is really sweet (if not a bit demanding) and Zoe loves her. Not sure Maggie loves Zoe pestering her at all times, but we are going to try to make it work. I will feel much better leaving them at home knowing they have the companionship of each other when I'm not there. Not only that, if I can't happen to find a job I would enjoy I will have companionship throughout the day while Chi is at work.


So Sunday I will be packing up both dogs and heading back to CS to try this out. Lets hope it all works out for the best.

Comments