Packing It Up/Moving It Out

This past week has been one of craziness. I have been working in the early hours of the morning and the late hours of the night trying to finish staining/varnishing my new piece of furniture (I will share that later). In between I have been packing up my room and trying to determine what I really need and what I can do without. Why you ask? Because TOMORROW is move in day! That is right, tomorrow I get to see Chi and move into our first place together. *SQUEE*

Stack 1

Stack 2.
There is actually less there than appears. Folding table is not mine.

This past spring came time to decide where we were going to live. We knew we wanted a place with a small yard (for Zoe) and 2 bedrooms. After a little searching, we discussed buying a place. Unfortunately we couldn't pull the trigger. We didn't want to spend the savings we had on a place we were only going to live in for 3 years and likely wouldn't even break even on when all was said an done. On top of that, we would have to deal with any repairs and issues ourselves and we were really concerned about the ability to resell/rent out.

We decided together that renting for the next three years was the way to go. We went back to looking at rental properties, this time with price being the bottom line. We wanted to settle on our living arrangements now, so that later we would have the money to buy the kind of home we dreamed of later.

That's when we found the perfect place for our needs: 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bathroom floor unit of a fourplex with a small size backyard with an awesome new fence. The price was $610 (later reduced to $585!) and worked perfectly in our budget. The area isn't the greatest and the looks leave a lot to be desired, but we hope that we won't have any issues. It is a large mix of college students and locals who have a tendency to loiter (something I discovered after we signed the lease and drove by a couple of times). One of my friends had actually lived in one of the units there before, so I had spent time and knew it was a decent enough place.

With prelease signed we were ready to go...as soon as August 20th arrived. Which is tomorrow! I still have a lot to do, so I guess I should get to it!

Comments