Day Trip: Houston!



This weekend, we took a day trip to Houston. One of my brothers lives there now, so we wanted to visit with him as well and have a little family fun. I decided that going to the aquarium would be the best activity for a 9.5 month old.  We left home a little before Audra was due to take her first nap. I accidentally forgot to nurse her all morning, so we had to pull over as we were leaving town, and I nursed her in an empty parking lot. Shortly after that, she was out and we made our way to my brother's place. We picked up him and his girlfriend and headed downtown.


The Houston Aquarium is not much to write home about; in fact, it is even tinier than I remember. It was definitely not overwhelming for little ones. Her dad and uncle helped show her all sorts of animals.










After all the animal fun, Audra went on her first carousel ride! She seemed to enjoy it, though she keeps a pretty straight face in these types of new situations.





Afterwards, we ate at a Greek place that was all outdoor. Luckily, it was the perfect day for outdoor dining. 


She konked out pretty quickly after we left downtown, so we just dropped off my brother and headed back home.


A short but sweet trip.

Comments