Using the Quilt Frames

I went ahead and took pictures along the way as I used the new frame set for the first time. Here is how they work:

1) Have a Fairy Quiltmother come and steal all your pins and dump them out (twice).


2) Pin each edge of the back fabric to one of the boards, wrong side up. I fold over the fabric on the edges.


3) C-clamp the corners of the board making sure the fabric is all pulled tight.



4) Lay out quilt top and batting (under the top) on the back fabric right side up.

5) Pin pin pin. I used quilting safety pins since I will be machine quilting this quilt. If I were to hand quilt it I would do it a little differently from this point forward. 





6) Unpin edges from frame and you have a quilt sandwich ready to machine quilt. 


Comments