Still 3/4 To Go
2014 has been a rough year for me. It has been mostly filled with disappointments. Even the good things that have happened haven't been as good as we hoped. I've never not known exactly where I would live in the next step in my life. I always had leases signed months in advance and plans in place. I'm having trouble accepting that my life is going in a direction that I didn't intend and am not sure I will like. There are a lot of hard choices coming up in the next few months and I really feel like I have no idea what is best. It is really hard being locked into a 10 year plan that you didn't pick. I am trying to stay positive through it all, but the anxiety gets to me. This year is seriously dragging on and only time will give me all the answers to the questions I've been asking myself over the past months. I could really use a little fast forwarding about now. No matter where we end up and what we do, it will be hard to leave Texas, the place I've called home my entire life. It is hard for me to imagine my kid(s) not being born and raised Texans. I hope to look at this as an adventure and hopefully in 5 years, if we are not happy where we are, we can finally move on to finding our dream place.

Amen, to all of it. But! It will be fun to go somewhere new for a bit. Nothing is forever; if ya'll hate it, you can always go somewhere else. Plus, I hear Chi mentioned something about a job opening on one of the bases that Matt is considering, so that would be fun if we ended up in the same city. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, it would be so nice to know someone wherever we go.
Delete