SIT: Settling In Temporarily

I've been in Florida on my own for four weeks now. Having already been acquainted with the area from my previous summer internships, the first few days were spent house hunting. We're currently under contract and awaiting the typical things in anticipation of closing day just over a month away from now.

I've been spending my evenings doing some outside prep for my job, taking care of new job things like insurance and retirement contributions, and moving things along on the house purchase. I've even bought a few things for the house. I stay quite busy outside of work, and I don't even have Audra with me! Hopefully, these things will slow down a bit before Jessica, Audra, and Zoe come, so that I can catch up on some family time!

I've settled into the new job, and the tasks/projects have started to steadily accumulate. It's mostly a desk job, which is quite different from my graduate school experience. The position requires almost nothing I learned in my Ph.D. program, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm learning (and will be learning) so many new things that I think will keep (and hopefully  broaden) my options open as my career progresses. It's also nice to get a break from fluid dynamics. Most people in my organization have been very welcoming and willing to help with any problems I have.

In other news, I've taken this move to implement a few changes in my life style. The first one is incorporating a high-fiber diet to help with my cholesterol levels. I've found a few good recipes:


Not much variety since the bottom two are copies of the first two, but they've all been delicious. Here's a picture of the first one:

So this post didn't have any exciting new news. I'm just letting the world know that I'm doing all right, and I'm very much looking forward to all of the imminent upcoming changes.

Comments

  1. Glad to see you're enjoying Florida so far. We miss ya'll here in CS, so it's good to hear that things are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allie! We'd love to have you over sometime!

      Delete

Post a Comment