We try to involve Audra in a lot of our activities in the kitchen. It's said that having the kids help with food preparation helps with a lot of things which I won't go into here. At the very least, I want her to grow up and at least tolerate making her own meals. It's one of those things (like
woodworking) that I didn't do much of growing up that I would like my kids to do.
On the Veterans Day holiday, I had several things I wanted to bake. Audra was a big helper in all of them!
 |
| Pigs-in-a-blanket for breakfast! She was very good at rolling them! |
 |
| Pepperoni rolls for lunch! Very good help in separating the pepperoni and cheese slices! |
She's gotten very good at mixing ingredients (perfect for baking!).
 |
| Enjoying the fruits (er...sugars) of her labor in making pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese filling for a Thanksgiving potluck at my work. |
She's also getting better at seasoning items. As you may have noticed, there weren't a lot of green/healthy items in the mix that day. Hey, it's getting close to the winter holiday season!
As we go on, I'll try to teach her counting and measurements. We'll also try our hand at food prep soon. Come visit us if you want to try some of our delicious creations!
Comments
Post a Comment