It's been a while since the last
basil and watermelon pod update. The watermelon didn't thrive where I planted it, so there's not much to show there.
For the basil, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
 |
| The first basil leaves harvested. Day 70 (2015 June). |
 |
| Day 74 (2015 June). |
Quite a bit of growth over the summer months. It would've been nice to be able to do something with all of these leaves! I should've made pesto!
 |
| Day 125 (2015 August). |
 |
Day 149 (2015 September).
Not long after fall arrived, I walked out front to see that the plant had completely browned after I had seen it green a couple of days before. I was only able to make use of about two handfuls of leaves the entire time I had it. At least I don't have to keep up with it over the winter. Next year's efforts will probably start out with a garden box just in front of our porch!
|
Comments
Post a Comment