Becoming a Mai

Yesterday, we got our marriage license back. Today we headed to the Social Security office to request my name change. It was a pretty easy process. I hope the rest goes as smoothly.


I feel a little weird changing my name, but I am also happy to do it. I don't feel that connected to my maiden name itself, just to my family. What I care about though is sharing a name with my future children and having that connection with the family I am creating. My parents will still be my parents, my brothers will still be my brothers, and I will still be awesome =P. There is no real loss.

Now to be in that weird state where I'm officially in between names.


Comments

  1. That in-between state seems to last a looooong time. Everything is official on my end, legally anyway, but there always seem to be these things that pop up where changing the maiden name is tricky. Like my dentist, they said they couldn't change the name on my file, they could just hyphen-add my new name. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment