Project Sneak Peek + Name Fail #2
Wednesday, I broke my 3 quilt goal and started a new baby quilt. Here are some WIP pictures in its current rough state:
I love the criss-cross fabric patterns.
Ready to meet their triangle doom.
Yesterday, my SSN card arrived, so Chi drug me to the DPS office to get my drivers license name changed. We got there 20 minutes before they closed, but it wasn't very busy so we got our number and sat down to fill out the paperwork. I was called almost immediately and went up to the desk where she filled out the forms, took my picture, did my eye test (which I am pretty sure some of my right eye numbers were wrong) and then she handed me a receipt and temporary license and we left. Just after we pulled onto the highway I saw it. MIA. At that point they would have been closed and we were kicking ourselves for not checking in the office (too busy looking at the new picture than the information on the license).
So this morning I went back up there around 9 am. I walked in to a very full room and the line to get a number was to the door. One group held up the line a bit, but slowly and surely I made my way to the front. I hoped I wouldn't have to wait for all these people to go up to the desk before me, but I was willing to face that possibility. Luckily, I got on the short list (emergency/quick list) and was the next to be called. They just changed my name in the system, so the hard license I get should be correct, but my temporary one still says MIA.
Moral of the story: 30 min before close is a good time to get your license and avoid waiting too long, but triple check everything is right because they are more focused on leaving for the day than getting your information correct.
Comments
Post a Comment