Gender Neutral

Eeep. When we found out we were having a girl I was a little afraid. Totally thrilled, but afraid. 97.238% of all girl items are pink. I don't mind a little hot pink here and there, but I would not miss it one bit if baby pink did not exist. If I could see into a crystal ball and know that we were having all girls, I would be fine with all the pink out there.  But, we do plan to have at least one more child, and I want to be able to reuse as much of her stuff as possible. So, I went very gender neutral (and even boyish) on the items I bought and registered specifically for. The internet is super helpful since there is a much greater variety online than in store. Our crib sheets, play gym, bouncer  car seat  stroller, toys, sleep sacks, carriers, and as much other gear as we could get was gender neutral.

Crib Sheet

The clothes were where buying gender neutral became difficult, if not downright impossible. In fact, finding something for a girl without pink was very rare. What is so frustrating is in their first year of life a baby grows a crazy amount and hardly gets to wear an outfit more than a handful of times. Since a lot of our clothes were gifts and I couldn't help buying a cute outfit here and there, the majority of Audra's clothes are girly. But she does have 5 newborn outfits that are meant for boys and a few more footed sleepers that are pretty gender neutral.

Gender Neutral and Adorable

Her grandpa bought her this one - it says "Wild Guy" on it. 


I really don't care if some random person assumes Audra is a boy. As long as she is comfortable and content, it really doesn't matter. However, I do mind putting a boy in girls clothing. I just feel like that is setting him up for teasing later in life.

Now, we may not get to use any of the clothes if our next child(ren) aren't the same size in the same season, so maybe clothes are just a losing battle all around. Hopefully, I will at least have a niece or nephew someday that will get use out of them if nothing else.

Comments