Top 5 - First 2 Months
Being a first-time mom is tricky. You have advice being thrown at you every which way, and half of it contradicts the other half. As far as baby gear, it is hard to know what your little one will like and what will work well for you. Unfortunately, with a lot of it, you won't know until you try. That means buying things that you don't end up using much. I did a ton of research and tried to buy things that were both popular and practical.
Favorite Purchases for the first two months:
1. Boppy - I don't know how anyone doesn't love this. It is most useful for breastfeeding, but I use it around the clock when I'm just sitting with Audra on me. I would be lost without it.
2. Pack 'N Play - Audra had been sleeping in it since day one. She is now in her crib when we are at home. I had it set up next to the bed so she was close by those first few days. We also used it at my parents' house for her to sleep in, which was great. It is relatively easy to set up and take down, and it actually fits through doorways. The newborn napper/changer thing was not needed, though; I would get one without it if purchasing again (I actually would have originally, but the color of the one with it was better, and we had a coupon).
3. Breast Pump - This was so important for the sake of my sleep. I want Audra to be exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months (at least) of her life. With feedings every 2-4 hours, that doesn't allow much sleep for me. Being able to pump and have the option of someone else giving her a bottle is great. Not to mention relieving engorgement. It also comes in handy in social situations so I don't have to pull out my boob.
4. Gerber Pre-Fold Diapers - The best burp and clean-up option ever. We go through these like crazy.
5. ComoTomo Bottles - I'm pretty sure Audra will take most bottles, she doesn't seem to have a nipple preference (girl likes to eat), but I really love these bottles. They are so easy to clean and comfortable to hold. Granted, Chi does more of the bottle feeding than I do.
Favorite Purchases for the first two months:
1. Boppy - I don't know how anyone doesn't love this. It is most useful for breastfeeding, but I use it around the clock when I'm just sitting with Audra on me. I would be lost without it.
Newest option for using it
2. Pack 'N Play - Audra had been sleeping in it since day one. She is now in her crib when we are at home. I had it set up next to the bed so she was close by those first few days. We also used it at my parents' house for her to sleep in, which was great. It is relatively easy to set up and take down, and it actually fits through doorways. The newborn napper/changer thing was not needed, though; I would get one without it if purchasing again (I actually would have originally, but the color of the one with it was better, and we had a coupon).
Sleeping in the Pack 'N Play, only 2 1/2 weeks old
3. Breast Pump - This was so important for the sake of my sleep. I want Audra to be exclusively breastfed for the first 6 months (at least) of her life. With feedings every 2-4 hours, that doesn't allow much sleep for me. Being able to pump and have the option of someone else giving her a bottle is great. Not to mention relieving engorgement. It also comes in handy in social situations so I don't have to pull out my boob.
4. Gerber Pre-Fold Diapers - The best burp and clean-up option ever. We go through these like crazy.
ComoTomo Bottle & Cloth Diaper (bottom right) (that's Chi's cousin in the picture)
5. ComoTomo Bottles - I'm pretty sure Audra will take most bottles, she doesn't seem to have a nipple preference (girl likes to eat), but I really love these bottles. They are so easy to clean and comfortable to hold. Granted, Chi does more of the bottle feeding than I do.

Comments
Post a Comment