And Then There Was a Swing

My mom has been dying to have a swing in the yard to push Audra in. We ordered one on Amazon and when it got it, I realized I needed to make the bar that another customer made for it, so that it functioned better and was ultimately safer. I bought the bolts, nuts, and washers during the day and waited for my dad to get home to finish it. I would have done it myself, but I didn't know where all the right tools were, and I had a baby to take care of. We had a scrap piece of hardwood that was the perfect size (except for a quick cut to make it a bit shorter) and we got to work. Justin was also nice enough to help.

First, we drilled and screwed on the bolts.


Then, we hung the rope and attached the board to it, and then the swing to the board.




Then we tested it out.


 All ready for use!


We have a fan!




Comments