Audra: First Food!
Audra has been super interested in watching us eat so I was anxious to start her on solids. I knew I wanted to wait a little while but wasn't set on the 6th month mark. I decided that May 12th would be the best day to start because 1) Chi would be around, 2) she would be older than 5 months, 3) it would give her the opportunity to explore foods, regardless of whether she ate any of it. I hadn't decided what exactly to give her but was leaning towards a banana or avocado. We went to Mother's Day lunch at BJ's Brewhouse, and my chicken sandwich came with avocados. Perfect. I requested they be served on the side and her first bites of food ensued:
I then mashed up some with a fork and added some water and let her try it that way:
She didn't really get much, and I didn't want to push it any further.
Today, we picked up where we left off:






Comments
Post a Comment