Day in the Life - 8 Months

Now that we are home and settled into a semi-routine, I wanted a snapshot of what our day-to-day is like right now. I woke up with some extra energy this morning (yay for a good night of sleep!) so here we go:

6:30 am - I start to wake up and realize it is getting light out. Chi is still in bed so that means Audra hasn't gotten up yet. I roll over to try to get some more sleep, but I am too awake. Try to look for the video monitor, but it isn't in its usual place next to Chi. Turns out it was off all night. Oh well, she is in the next room. Turn it on and she is still sleeping, go to use the bathroom, and she starts to stir and settles in again.

6:40 am - I turn on my laptop to check my e-mail, and after a few minutes, she stirs and sits up. I go and get her and nurse her in the living room. Then change her diaper.

7:00 am - We both join Chi back in bed and try to get her to learn "mama" and "dada."

7:10 am - I prepare Audra's breakfast of oatmeal fingers and banana. As she takes her sweet time eating that, I heat up a kolache and eat it. Chi joins us in the kitchen to eat his breakfast, and I have him sit by her while she slowly finishes and I load the dishwasher.


7:45 am - After I change and Chi dresses Audra, I take Audra and Zoe on a short walk. The weather is actually pretty decent this morning. Audra seemed to enjoy the walk. That smile isn't even prompted by me.


8:00 am - I let Audra play on the floor with Chi while I start this post. Don't want to forget the timing of everything later.

8:12 am - Audra gets fussy so I nurse her a little. She pulls off and squirms so I let her get down and she starts to cruise. Her outfit is unfortunately still too large for her so I change it.



8:30 am - Chi leaves for work. Audra tries to escape out the door with him. I go pull the sheets off the twin bed to wash them and let her play in her room for a bit. She touches nearly every toy in 5 min.




8:45 am - After a super short nurse, I put her down for her nap. She fusses and falls asleep within a minute. I pull off the queen bed sheets, put on clean sheets, start a load of laundry, get dressed and ready for the day and add pictures and update this post. Then I settle in and watch some Grey's Anatomy. 

9:30 am - She is up after a very short-lived nap. I nurse and change her diaper and switch the sheets to the dryer while she aimlessly crawls around the living room. Decide to head to Target. 

10:45 am - Arrive home from Target with a great deal. We now have a second convertible car seat for Chi's car. We Skype with grandma!



11:00 am - I nurse her and let her crawl around a little more.

11:15 am - She plays/fusses for 15 minutes until I find her playing with part of the trash bag sticking out the lid of the trashcan. I go in there, take the trash can away from the crib and offer to nurse her and put her back in the crib. Cue meltdown. I make a sandwich and enjoy the show.


11:52 am - She is asleep with her face under kangaroo's butt. I do laundry and finish eating.


12:49 pm - She is up. Not the best nap day. I change her diaper and put her on her floor to play while I make the twin bed with the freshly laundered sheets.

1:00 pm - Feed her chunks of avocado. She eats them quickly and seems like she could eat more so I give her some puffs as well.

1:15 pm - Turn on her kids music and dance / play with her.

1:45 pm - A friend stops by! She plays with Audra, and we chat for a good while.


3:45 pm - I put Audra down hoping she will take a 3rd nap since her other ones sucked. She plays in her crib for a while, then I look up to find her sleeping like this:


4:45 pm - She wakes up. I get her from her crib, and she is still groggy so I chill with her in my lap for a bit then nurse her.

5:00 pm - I feed her dinner. Tonight is leftover puree of mango, blueberry and banana. She eats most of it. 


5:15 pm - Bathtime! She loves her bath, and I let her play for a while before taking her out. Then she is diapered, lotioned and clothed. 

5:30 pm - She roams the living room. We check the mail and wait for Chi to get home. 

6:00 pm - Chi is home. I have him hang with her while I start on dinner.


6:30 pm - She has a short bout of the giggles. We all hang out in the living room, then Chi reads a few books to Audra in her room. She doesn't care to pay attention to the books and soon crawls back into the living room. 

7:30 pm - I try to get her to nurse, but she keeps refusing. She is obviously tired, so we go ahead and put her down. She is not at all happy about it and wails for a good while. 

8:00 pm - She is quieting down a bit and close to sleep. Once she is out, I finish this post and talk to a friend on the phone. Chi continues to do work and I hang out and watch some tv before going to bed. 

That's a wrap!

Comments