Healthier Eating
I've been searching for healthy recipes and side dishes for the whole family that I hoped could become part of a weekly meal routine. I have a bunch saved I would like to try, but these first two I made have some real potential.
First, a simple side dish (well main course for the baby) of butternut squash and zucchini. I diced them really small so Audra wouldn't choke, but I also did some bigger ones later for Chi to try. I tossed them with a little olive oil, salt, and oregano and let them bake at 425 for 25-30 min. They also taste great with ground turkey if you want to incorporate it into a main dish.
First, a simple side dish (well main course for the baby) of butternut squash and zucchini. I diced them really small so Audra wouldn't choke, but I also did some bigger ones later for Chi to try. I tossed them with a little olive oil, salt, and oregano and let them bake at 425 for 25-30 min. They also taste great with ground turkey if you want to incorporate it into a main dish.
The second one, tomato sauce over zucchini noodles, I made last night. I only had 3 tomatoes, so I didn't make enough for the whole family. The zucchini noodles are super easy, all you do is grate them (I used a julienne peeler) and put them in the microwave covered for 1.5-2 minutes on high.
For the sauce, I pretty much just used what I had on hand. I diced three tomatoes, chopped some onion and added some minced garlic, salt and pepper. I let it simmer for about an hour and it came out tasting great.
Audra seemed to really enjoy it, and I love having it as a healthier version of an already favorite meal.






Comments
Post a Comment