The weather has been wonderful lately, and I was in need of something to do with Audra (especially to reduce the amount of screen time she gets). Jessica had taken her to the neighborhood splash pad this morning while I did yard work; since part of that yard work was to spray insecticide, playing outside around the house wasn't an option. We plan on going to the beach tomorrow, so that wasn't an option either.
In comes some dormant thought from left field that there is a wildlife refuge about 30 minutes away from us. The refuge is a pretty neat place. Admission is inexpensive, and you actually get to go up close and feed some of the animals.
Audra did extremely well. She wanted to go up to so many of the animals, and she's at a point where she can identify the more common ones. We saw llamas, goats, tigers, a lion, bobcats, baboons, monkeys, lemurs, peacocks, pigs, an emu, donkeys, and more!
 |
| Initial directional sign post. |
 |
| Hmm...I don't know about you. |
 |
| What are you looking at? |
 |
| What are you looking at? |
 |
| Which way to go? |
 |
| Nom, nom, nom. |
 |
| Hello, tiger! |
 |
| Yes, the peacocks just roam freely around here. |
 |
| Took this picture really for the first three names for my friends (you know who you are, no pun intended). |
 |
| Deploy defense mechanism! |
 |
| This emu was quite nosey. |
.jpg) |
| She loved petting this potbelly pig. I'm pretty sure she would have said yes if I asked her if she wanted to take it home. |
 |
| Taking a break and watching the miniature donkeys. |
 |
| Feeding one of the miniature donkeys. |
 |
| We had to come back to say goodbye to our good potbelly pig friend. |
On the way back home, I decided to stop at the travel center by the interstate and get us some treats. Audra loved the ice cream cone (which I had misremembered that she had gotten one earlier today) and her fries.
 |
| I actually ate most of this cone. |
We'll definitely come back a few times. Audra will recognize more of the animals, and we'll have our DSLR to take better pictures.
Comments
Post a Comment