Meal Planning

Today, I woke up ready to get things done. I wanted to successfully plan this weeks meals and stop calling Chi as soon as I get off work with a hungry tummy and no plan. I used Excel to organize my list.


Then I made a shopping list from this weeks recipes. After a trip to HEB, I got down to business. First I had to put the chicken on to boil. Then, I collected the ingredients for the meals I was going to make and prep today.


I chopped onion for today and Tuesdays meal. It smells up the fridge, but when I throw everything in the slow cooker Tuesday morning, it will all be ready to go.


Then I shredded the chicken for today and tomorrows meal. The recipe for the lasagna roll ups doesn't call for chicken, but I have wanted to try it with it. We will see how it turns out tomorrow. 


Once the onion and chicken were ready I threw them in the dutch oven. This was my first time using it, and it worked pretty well. It had to cook for over and hour, which gave me plenty of time to finish my other prepping.


I made the filling for the lasagna roll ups and boiled the noodles. Check out my sweet Jamie Oliver bowl.


I filled the noodles and rolled them up. Luckily, I cooked a few extra noodles, cause the HEB brand was a bit smaller than the previous brand I bought.


Monday's meal was all ready to go. All I have to do tomorrow is turn the oven on and pop it in. Perfect for a Monday. 


While I waited a little longer for the soup to cook, I collected a few of the ingredients for Tuesdays meal.


After a little whole longer, I couldn't wait anymore and enjoyed some tortilla soup. 


Hopefully I can keep up with planning and prepping on Sundays. I think it will really make life easier.

Comments