Thanksgiving Happenings, Pt. 2
Hope the intro and part 1 were a good start to my career on this blog. Now on with part 2!
4. A Win for the Dallas Cowboys
My dad is a huge football fan. His two favorite teams are the Minnesota Vikings and the Dallas Cowboys. My dad (and my mother) lived in Minnesota when he first came to the United States after the end of the Viet Nam War so I presume that's where the Vikings fanhood started first. When he and my mom moved to Fort Worth after their wedding, I figure his Cowboys fanhood took root.
The Cowboys have traditionally played a game every Thanksgiving. This year's game was against the Miami Dolphins that ended with a win for the Cowboys as Dan Bailey made the game-winning field goal as time expired. I tend to not put too much emphasis on the final play since I believe it was every play in the game that led to the situation of the last play being as crucial as it was. Dallas is 3-1 in November this year! Go 'boys!
5. Food on the Table
4. A Win for the Dallas Cowboys
My dad is a huge football fan. His two favorite teams are the Minnesota Vikings and the Dallas Cowboys. My dad (and my mother) lived in Minnesota when he first came to the United States after the end of the Viet Nam War so I presume that's where the Vikings fanhood started first. When he and my mom moved to Fort Worth after their wedding, I figure his Cowboys fanhood took root.
The Cowboys have traditionally played a game every Thanksgiving. This year's game was against the Miami Dolphins that ended with a win for the Cowboys as Dan Bailey made the game-winning field goal as time expired. I tend to not put too much emphasis on the final play since I believe it was every play in the game that led to the situation of the last play being as crucial as it was. Dallas is 3-1 in November this year! Go 'boys!
5. Food on the Table
Thanksgiving, aside from being with family and/or friends, is about the food. My mom started cooking a traditional Thanksgiving meal while I was in high school, and this year was no exception. I'm thankful for the full stomach that I have every day. So many people in this world, and even this nation, are underfed. It's something I remind myself of on occasion, especially when I have all of this food laid out before me or stocked in the refrigerator.
| The Thanksgiving spread. |
The turkey was smaller this year since not as many people would be over as in years past. It was nonetheless a delicious meal cooked in large part by the cooks in our house: my mother, my aunt, and my brother.
That wraps it up for part 2. The final piece of the saga, Part 3, will be coming shortly!
| Mom preparing to cook the turkey. |
| Brother slicing potatoes for baked potato wedges.Aunt rinsing off vegetables. |
That wraps it up for part 2. The final piece of the saga, Part 3, will be coming shortly!
Comments
Post a Comment