Typical Growth

All these moms are like "My baby is growing too fast, make it slow down!" and "Seems like I was just pregnant yesterday!"


I seriously feel like Audra has been in our lives much longer than 1/3 of a year. I hardly even remember being pregnant, although when a song I like comes on the radio when I drive, it is hard to break the habit of singing to my belly. I am anxious for her to hit milestones and become someone. I have zero desire for her to stay the way she is now. Maybe it is because I stay at home with her and am literally with her 24/7. Maybe when she is a little older I can start to relate with those other moms, but for now, I just don't get it.


There are a few things I'm not quite ready for her to do yet, though. I'm totally okay with her skipping rolling and going straight to just sitting. What purpose does rolling really have anyway? I don't want to have to worry about her rolling off of the bed or changing pad. The teeth can hold off as well. I don't want them anywhere near my nipple. I have a feeling they may be coming sooner than I'd like, though.


I'm really looking forward to starting solids with her. She watches us eat with great interest, and I think she will take very well to it. I'm looking forward to taking pictures of her in upright positions. I'm looking forward to her being able to grab her own toy from next to her and replacing her pacifier back in her mouth. I'm looking forward to her not crying when in the arms of someone other than Chi and me.

She is going along on a good pace, though. She seems to master small things every week. I'm not going to put pressure on her to learn tasks before she is ready and able. She seems more interested in social and cognitive skills than motor skills, and that is fine. I will continue to give her opportunities, and I know one day I will look back and be awed in a way I have never experienced before.


Comments

  1. Chi... that's a pretty tough read for a 4 month old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks like she's incredibly enthralled, though! Future rocket scientist!

      Delete

Post a Comment