Sleep Regression
I knew it would be tough getting decent sleep with a newborn, but they grow and mature and it gets easier. Except when it doesn't. Audra spoiled us with about a month of good sleep before she hit the "4 month sleep regression" at 3.5 months. I have not gotten more than 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep in over a month. She wakes up every 1.5-3.5 hours throughout the night. It started out okay, I would nurse her and she would fall back to sleep easily, but things are regressing further now. Chi and I spent over 4 hours total on 3 wakings last night getting her back to sleep. When she woke up at 6:15am this morning, she never went back down.
Sleep is for the weak.
I try to stay positive about it all, but I am getting to a truly exhausted state. It helps that she is usually in a good mood when she is up, so I'm at least not dealing with a cranky baby. In my head I just keep telling myself it will be a distant memory one day. Until that day: *yawn*.

Comments
Post a Comment