Food "Fun"

I am really trying to foster independence in Audra. This includes with her food. Now that she is more comfortable with eating solids - who am I kidding, girl loves her food - now that I am more comfortable with her eating solids, I want to give her the opportunity to feed herself. It. Is. Hard. Letting her feed herself is like 6 times the amount of time and mess than spoon feeding her. Multiply that by 3 meals a day - I am continuously finding chunks of fruits and veggies all over her high chair.



While she is pretty good at picking up food with her fingers and bringing them to her mouth, she is not so great at releasing them. Only about half of her food ends up being eaten. The worst part is by the time I have gotten Audra all cleaned up, I forget about the high chair and it all gets dried on. Our high chair is taking the abuse well. 

Comments