Sleep Habits
Nap time is at a pretty good place right now. Audra's sleep habits are ever changing, but we have a pretty consistent routine where she takes 3 naps a day. If we are having an excellent day, the first two naps are an hour and a half, and the third one is about 30 min. Her night sleep is not bad if you just ignore the 3+ times she wakes up and has to be nursed back to sleep.
About a month ago (I honestly can't remember when), we started doing cry it out for naps and bedtime. It was just getting to be too much to get her asleep and then into the crib. She was also getting far more difficult to soothe to sleep. The longest she had ever cried is an hour (twice), but she is usually out within 15 min. There are times when she cries for under 2 minutes and the ever rare and glorious times when she just goes to sleep without crying at all. If it is a truly upset cry (not mad or fussy), then I will go get her and offer to nurse her. Oftentimes, she will fall asleep nursing at that point.
Since she learned to sit up by herself (July 1st), there has been a lot more playing happening before she falls asleep. I have 4 toys in the crib, and she will move from one to the other. I don't mind this at all because I don't want the crib to be a place where she only cries when she is awake.
These past few days she has been working on her pull-up skills before naps.
Seriously, video monitors are life savers. I highly recommend anyone having kids to get one. The images in this post are from a Foscam system, but we also have a Motorola one. If we go into the room at all before she falls asleep, she will just get more upset than when we originally put her down and prolongs her falling asleep. I can check to make sure a leg isn't stuck or see what position she is in when she cries. I know that if she is tummy down (even if it is scream crying), she is just minutes away from falling asleep. If she is sitting up, pulling up, or on her back, it will likely be a good while.
Sound Asleep
Since she learned to sit up by herself (July 1st), there has been a lot more playing happening before she falls asleep. I have 4 toys in the crib, and she will move from one to the other. I don't mind this at all because I don't want the crib to be a place where she only cries when she is awake.
Playing
Exploring
Pulling Up in a Fit of Rage
Seriously, video monitors are life savers. I highly recommend anyone having kids to get one. The images in this post are from a Foscam system, but we also have a Motorola one. If we go into the room at all before she falls asleep, she will just get more upset than when we originally put her down and prolongs her falling asleep. I can check to make sure a leg isn't stuck or see what position she is in when she cries. I know that if she is tummy down (even if it is scream crying), she is just minutes away from falling asleep. If she is sitting up, pulling up, or on her back, it will likely be a good while.
Almost Asleep





Comments
Post a Comment