Quynh

One of my fears about Audra's middle name is that people will assume it is a unique (and crazy) spelling of Quinn rather than a Vietnamese name. There are a few people who have asked about it, and I always add that it is the Vietnamese spelling and put a disclaimer that while I pronounce it "Quinn," there might be tonal differences to how it would be pronounced in Vietnam. I love her middle name. I love how it goes with Audra, and I love saying them together. I just don't want to be thought of as those people who give their kid a crazy spelled name. I want people to recognize that it represents the other half of her cultural history. I'm also a little sad that as she gets older, fewer people will even know what her middle name is since no one really uses them.


Comments