The Last 24 Hours
The last 24 hours may be my undoing. Other than the ever so slight help of my youngest brother, I am solo parenting Audra this week. In addition to that full time task, I have 3 dogs to take care of, meals to prepare, laundry to do and every other little thing I usually put off on Chi or my mom. Since I'm going on week 31 of taking care of almost every night wake up Audra has ever had (3+ a night), my sleep deficit is pretty damn high.
Anyways, last night, when looking for the source of the rust stains I found on 5 of Audras clothes after I set the dryer on the wrong setting and they sat wet in the dryer for over a good 12 hours, I noticed a lint build up in the back of the dryer. In an attempt to try to clean it - because I'm certain it is a huge fire hazard - I only managed to detach the drum from the back of the dryer. I tried tweezers and a vacuum prior, but didn't get more than a few tweezer sized clumps of it. Well, I couldn't re-attach the drum or get to the lint build up myself, and somebody doesn't know how to follow curfew, so I was up until 1:00 am with a still unusable dryer and stains that wouldn't budge from the clothing. Despite having woken up twice already since 9 pm, Audra wakes up at 1:40 am and 4:20 am. I let her sleep in my bed after her 4:20 waking with the hope that she would sleep in a little longer.
6:40 am rolls around and she is wide awake. I put her on the floor to play under her play gym as I struggle to simultaneously wake up and get more sleep. At about 7:05 am she bumps her head on the nearby desk while crawling around so I go to pick her up, only to discover discoloration all over the back of her sleeper. She had the biggest blowout she has had since she was 8 weeks old. I had to take her into the bath and wash her entire back, as well as scrub down the sleeper and hope that the poop was all confined. This would also mean I later needed to clean the tub and do laundry. I checked the rust stained outfits that I let soak overnight in oxyclean and the stains were just as vivid as before. I take Audra back into the bedroom and then the dogs start bothering me. As I go to let them out, I find a huge pee spot on the carpet. I soak through 6 paper towels before waking up my little brother to get the wet vac. Of course, I can't locate any vinegar, so I just use water. Once it is sucked up, I put some resolve on it.
Now, I still have a dryer to fix, a shower to clean, stained and poopy clothes to deal with, and zero energy to muster up. Is it Sunday yet?
My Gang
Anyways, last night, when looking for the source of the rust stains I found on 5 of Audras clothes after I set the dryer on the wrong setting and they sat wet in the dryer for over a good 12 hours, I noticed a lint build up in the back of the dryer. In an attempt to try to clean it - because I'm certain it is a huge fire hazard - I only managed to detach the drum from the back of the dryer. I tried tweezers and a vacuum prior, but didn't get more than a few tweezer sized clumps of it. Well, I couldn't re-attach the drum or get to the lint build up myself, and somebody doesn't know how to follow curfew, so I was up until 1:00 am with a still unusable dryer and stains that wouldn't budge from the clothing. Despite having woken up twice already since 9 pm, Audra wakes up at 1:40 am and 4:20 am. I let her sleep in my bed after her 4:20 waking with the hope that she would sleep in a little longer.
Lint Buildup
6:40 am rolls around and she is wide awake. I put her on the floor to play under her play gym as I struggle to simultaneously wake up and get more sleep. At about 7:05 am she bumps her head on the nearby desk while crawling around so I go to pick her up, only to discover discoloration all over the back of her sleeper. She had the biggest blowout she has had since she was 8 weeks old. I had to take her into the bath and wash her entire back, as well as scrub down the sleeper and hope that the poop was all confined. This would also mean I later needed to clean the tub and do laundry. I checked the rust stained outfits that I let soak overnight in oxyclean and the stains were just as vivid as before. I take Audra back into the bedroom and then the dogs start bothering me. As I go to let them out, I find a huge pee spot on the carpet. I soak through 6 paper towels before waking up my little brother to get the wet vac. Of course, I can't locate any vinegar, so I just use water. Once it is sucked up, I put some resolve on it.
Now, I still have a dryer to fix, a shower to clean, stained and poopy clothes to deal with, and zero energy to muster up. Is it Sunday yet?


I'm so sorry Jess! Hang in there, and delegate some stuff to your brother!
ReplyDeleteHaha, the arguing over him doing stuff would take way more energy than it is worth.
Delete