Top 5 Board Books
It took me awhile to find some board books that I enjoy reading to Audra. A lot of the others I think will be great for her to flip through on her own, but I hate to read them. Overall, I think the ones with "sounds" in them are the most engaging for her, though she still pretty much only wants to eat the book. Here are the top 5 I would recommend to anyone with an infant:
1. Llama Llama Zippity-Zoom - This book is super short. Perfect for those babies, like Audra, who just aren't that interested to sit through a longer book. My favorite line is Llama llama red pajama VROOM VROOM VROOM. There are other varieties of the Llama Llama baby books, but we haven't read any of them yet.
2. Flip, Flap, Fly - This one is super cute and fun to read. It has a lot of unique words that you won't find in other books and has a great rhythm.
3. Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? - Dr. Seuss classic and another book with a lot of sounds and rhythm. Who doesn't love this book?
4. Little Blue Truck - This one is adorable, and like all the others has fun sound words in it. Beep Beep Beep. I also like a lot of the language in this one - there are some bigger words you wouldn't normally find in board books.
5. Olivia - I think I just like this one in general. It is really relatable and having a girl I just feel like it will end up being a favorite. I wish I had Olivia when I was little.
Comments
Post a Comment