2 Month Doctor's Appointment

Miss Audra had her oh so fun doctors appointment Tuesday. We got her measurements:

Weight: 10 lbs 8 oz (26th percentile)
Height: 22.5 inches (48th percentile)
Head: 39 cm (71st percentile)

Then the doctor came in and examined her. She said everything was looking good. We could treat her cradle cap with Selsum Blue if we wanted, but it was only needed for aesthetic purposes. The mark on her foot might be a birth mark and she didn't think it was a bruise. Audra was all smiles to the doctor - I think she liked having her clothes off. She loved when the doctor listened to her heart and lungs with her stethoscope and was almost giggling.

Next the nurse who was administering the shots came in. She pulled out four needles and an oral medicine. She did the oral first and I'm pretty sure Audra spit out half of it. Then it was time for the shots. She stabbed her left leg, then her right, then her left again (and that one bled a lot) and then her right again (and that one broke apart) then another needle appeared out of no where and I don't remember which leg she stabbed it in because I had thought she was done at that point. Then put a band-aid on each leg. Audra scream cried through the shots, but as soon as I picked her up she calmed down and then went to sleep.

Sleeping it off afterwards at home.

We had a rough 24 hours after that. We gave her infant tylenol at 6:30 pm that night, 3:30 am, and around noon the next day. She wasn't particularly feverish, but I could tell she was in pain. She would just fuss and cry the most pitiful cry. The tylenol seemed to help and she would settle down a little later and go to sleep.

Overall, we survived and now everything is back to normal.

Comments