The Saga Begins

Audra has had her fussy streaks here and there when she was overtired or had gas pains. It was really trial and error to get her to calm down. We know movement is always necessary, but we have also found that a sound is often needed as well. White noise is magical, but if we can't use it for whatever reason and before we started using it, we would sing to her. The problem is when you have a screaming baby in your arms, it is hard to come up with a song let alone remember more than a line of words. So I thought, what song do I know the longest stretch of lyrics:


Oh yeah. We sing Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" to her. The other night at our friends' house, it took me singing the entire song twice before she was calm enough to allow herself to fall asleep. Luckily, I sing it much quicker than the song actually goes. So, it is now my go-to choice for baby whispering.

Comments