Green Smoothies

Green smoothies are all the rage these days. I decided to go ahead and give them a try. I am not a smoothie fan so I knew my chances were slim of liking them. I wanted to try, though, because Audra's nutrients come directly from me, and my exclusive diet of chocolate probably isn't cutting it. Chi also keeps saying he wants to eat more healthily but hasn't been super successful. I came across a green smoothie that seemed easy to make and something Chi would for sure like. Plus, she mentioned the option of mixing it with orange juice, which sounded promising to me.


I prepped all the ingredients the night before but didn't blend them until the morning because we had a sleeping baby at the time. And I forgot to take a picture of the finished product in the morning. I tried it and the texture and banana taste were a little rough for me. I mixed that portion with orange juice and it was more bearable. Chi liked it, though, so I considered it a win. I made 8 additional portions with the leftover greens and stuffed them in the freezer. Here is hoping to a healthier diet.

Comments