New Food: Braised Balsamic Chicken
I grew up in a family that ate the same 10 meals over and over again. Picky eaters will do that to you. Now that I'm back out of my parents' house again and have the time to cook every day, I am trying a lot of new recipes.
For dinner on Friday I had planned to try to bat my eyelashes and have Chi take me out to dinner. Then 4 o'clock rolled around and I was getting hungry. I decided I would cook something, but we haven't exactly stocked up on the staple items for our recipes. I opened up my awesome binder (that I will share with you at some point) and looked for something I had all the ingredients for.
Braised Balsamic Chicken it was. Had never tried this one before.
For dinner on Friday I had planned to try to bat my eyelashes and have Chi take me out to dinner. Then 4 o'clock rolled around and I was getting hungry. I decided I would cook something, but we haven't exactly stocked up on the staple items for our recipes. I opened up my awesome binder (that I will share with you at some point) and looked for something I had all the ingredients for.
Braised Balsamic Chicken it was. Had never tried this one before.
All ingredients accounted for. Not pictured: chicken.
Simmering goodness.
Final results.
It wasn't bad. Balsamic is a bit much for my taste, next time I might only put half the amount in it and add half chicken stock. The tomatoes were super flavored by it, but the chicken itself tasted really good. I added the pasta because Chi was running a 5k the next morning and I wanted pasta with it. So it ended up being considerably cheaper than Chi taking me out.
Comments
Post a Comment