Organization!
As we put together our new place we are trying to buy as few things as possible. In addition to keeping our spending low, we already have so much stuff and we don't want to add to it. It has been a goal of mine to live simpler for the past 4 years. I do a periodic go through of all my stuff and try to eliminate the extra items. I also try to keep my purchasing low and to more essential items.
Our 2 bedroom is fairly filled out, sure there are empty spots here and there, but it doesn't feel like we are missing anything. I have no intention of filling in those spaces. I am happy where things are at and hope to even get rid of some things after we get all of our wedding presents.
Unfortunately we do need to buy a lot of organization things for all that stuff we have. I wish Chi's books could just lay in stacks on the floor, but apparently they can't. He had bookshelves before, but the cheap ones that wouldn't have survived the move. I am encouraging him to keep the stuff he won't be likely to use in his blue tubs, but there are things he needs access to routinely so we were out to look for a solution.
I was at target this past week and I looked down their closetmate aisle. I saw some potential solutions, but didn't purchase anything. I talked to Chi about my plans to purchase the shoe rack and asked if he liked the 9 cubbie unit. He said he did so yesterday I went and to go pick them up. They were out of the honey brown color (not official name) so I got the cherry option instead.
Our 2 bedroom is fairly filled out, sure there are empty spots here and there, but it doesn't feel like we are missing anything. I have no intention of filling in those spaces. I am happy where things are at and hope to even get rid of some things after we get all of our wedding presents.
Unfortunately we do need to buy a lot of organization things for all that stuff we have. I wish Chi's books could just lay in stacks on the floor, but apparently they can't. He had bookshelves before, but the cheap ones that wouldn't have survived the move. I am encouraging him to keep the stuff he won't be likely to use in his blue tubs, but there are things he needs access to routinely so we were out to look for a solution.
Chi has about 15 of those blue tubs in various sizes.
Look closely, it is behind all that crap!
Unfortunately Chi has more stuff than I imagined. The boy needs an entire wall of floor to ceiling bookshelves. Ha, so not happening. He will have to deal for now.
A home for our shoes!
The shoe rack is perfect, especially for only being $10. It can hold 3 pairs of my shoes across and 2 of Chi's (he has super wide feet). His work boots won't fit under them, so they will have to stay on top or on the side, but we are okay with that. Way better than all our shoes piled there.
Game closet!
I had originally also wanted to get shelves for our games, but weighing costs I have decided not to. They will be okay like they are and it will be one less thing we have to move later.
We are still waiting on the printer stand and my task chair from Target, and then I think we will be good for now.
Do you have trouble with too much stuff?
Comments
Post a Comment